Kilchrenan & Dalavich, modern parish

Grid reference

NN 036 229 (accurate position)

Six-figure easting & northing

203600 722900

Latitude

56.357674133661575

Longitude

-5.179415658417902

County

Argyllshire

Nearby places

Kilchrenan, former parish, Kilchrenan & Dalavich (0 miles)

Kilchrenan, settlement, Kilchrenan (0 miles)

Kilchrenan, eccles., Kilchrenan & Dalavich (0 miles)

Suidhe Chreunáin, Kilchrenan & Dalavich (0.67 miles)

Rubha Thamhais, Glenorchy & Inishail (3.63 miles)

Object Classification

Parish (extant in 1975)

Is linear feature?

No

Notes

Kilchrenan and Dalavich are still shown as separate parishes on OS 6 inch 1st edn., but by 1892 Shennan writes of them as a single entity, the parish of Kilchrenan and Dalavich (1892, 291), and Groome's Gazetteer states that 'The parish church, at Kilchrenan hamlet, and Dalavich chapel of ease, near the W shore of Loch Awe, 9 miles SSW, were both built about 1771'. The NGR given for the joint parish is therefore that of Kilchrennan.

Parish details

Kilchrenan and Dalavich

Parish TLA

KDV

County

Argyllshire