Kilbrandon & Kilchattan, parish

Grid reference

NM 754 143 (accurate position)

Six-figure easting & northing

175400 714300

Latitude

56.268019789444935

Longitude

-5.627633333918643

Nearby places

Port Mary, Luing Kilbrandon & Kilchattan (0.62 miles)

Achadh dà Chaluim, Kilbrandon & Kilchattan (1.22 miles)

Kilbride, settlement KBK (Seil) (1.37 miles)

Kilbrandon, settlement Kilbrandon & Kilchattan (1.51 miles)

Kilbrandon, former parish KBK (Seil) (1.53 miles)

Object Classification

Parish (extant in 1975)

Is linear feature?

No

Notes

NGR for the church built to serve united kirks of Kilbrandon and Kilchattan, built in 1743, converted into a hospital in 1864. A dwelling since at least 1960. The parish includes the islands of Seil (Kilbrandon) and Luing (Kilchattan), and also an area to the east of these islands, on the mainland of Argyll.

Relationships with other parishes

Contains Kilbrandon, former parish KBK (Seil)

Contains Kilchattan, former parish, aka Luing KBK

Parish details

Kilbrandon KLX & Kilchattan KCX

Parish TLA

KBK

County

Argyllshire