Inverkeithny, parish (aka Conveth)

Grid reference

NJ 629 470 (accurate position)

Six-figure easting & northing

362900 847000

Latitude

57.51189305703623

Longitude

-2.6193134228082906

Nearby places

St John's Well, Marnoch (0.66 miles)

Ladybank, settlement Inverkeithny (1.39 miles)

Lady Hillock, hill, Inverkeithny (1.39 miles)

St Margaret's Church, Forgue (1.71 miles)

St Margaret's Episcopal Church, Forgue (1.9 miles)

Object Classification

Parish (extant in 1975)

Relationships with other places

Contains Lady Hillock, hill, Inverkeithny

Contains Ladybank, settlement Inverkeithny

Parish details

Inverkeithny formerly also called Conveth

Parish TLA

IVY

County

Banffshire

Medieval diocese

Moray

Parish notes

Apparently formerly called Conveth etc., which was the name of the thanage in which Inverkeithny kirk was situated. Cowan 1967, 35 speculates that Conveth was from earliest times incorporated with IVY or was an alternative designation for it. Hist. Atlas Scotland 1996, 355 makes no mention of Conveth as a parish. The church both in parsonage and vicarage was erected into a prebend of Elgin Cathedral 1222x26 by Andrew bp. of Moray. It remained as such while the cure was evidently a vicarage pensionary. Moray Reg. nos. 69, 81. For more refs. see Cowan 1967, 89. In Bagimond (pp.46 & 76). No changes in 1892, although mentioned briefly in Shennan 1892.