Half Morton, modern parish

Grid reference

NY 320 744 (accurate position)

Six-figure easting & northing

332000 574400

Latitude

55.05935531671526

Longitude

-3.0647188241187204

County

Dumfriesshire

Nearby places

Morton, parish (0.83 miles)

Kirkpatrick Fleming, parish (juxta Gretna) (3.86 miles)

Kirkpatrick, eccles., Kirkpatrick Fleming (3.86 miles)

Kirkpatrick Fleming, settlement, KPF (3.86 miles)

Gretna, parish (3.97 miles)

Object Classification

Parish (extant in 1975)

Is linear feature?

No

Relationships with other parishes

Contains Half Morton, modern parish

Within Half Morton, modern parish

Within Morton, parish (formerly)

Within Wauchope, former parish, Langholm (formerly)

Parish details

The parish of Morton was divided in 1653, part being annexed to Wauchope and part to Canonbie. Subsequently that section belonging to Wauchope was formed into a separate parish, and named Half-Morton, when Wauchope itself became annexed to Langholm.

Parish TLA

HFM

County

Dumfriesshire