Greenlaw, parish

Grid reference

NT 711 461 (accurate position)

Six-figure easting & northing

371100 646100

Latitude

55.70749202613662

Longitude

-2.4599587836054253

Nearby places

Polwarth, parish (3.12 miles)

St Nicholas's Church, Hume (3.36 miles)

Hume, parish (3.36 miles)

Fogo, parish (4.21 miles)

St Mary's Convent, Eccles (4.39 miles)

Object Classification

Parish (extant in 1975)

Is linear feature?

No

Notes

NGR for church built in 1675, probably on the site of the medieval church.

Parish details

Greenlaw including Halliburton HAX

Parish TLA

GRE

County

Berwickshire

Medieval diocese

St Andrews

Parish notes

The church of Greenlaw, along with the chapel of Lambden, was acquired by Kelso Abbey sometime between 1159 and 1165 or 1166, by gift of Earl Patrick of Dunbar. See RRS ii no. 63 and note p. 168.