Dyce, parish

Grid reference

NJ 875 154 (accurate position)

Six-figure easting & northing

387500 815400

Latitude

57.22935486708639

Longitude

-2.20706417127278

Nearby places

Chapel of St Fergus, Dyce (0 miles)

Fintray, parish ABD (0.26 miles)

St Meddan's Church, Fintray (0.26 miles)

Pitmedden House, Dyce (0.89 miles)

St Colm's Chapel, New Machar (old kirk) (1.56 miles)

Object Classification

Parish (extant in 1975)

Is linear feature?

No

Relationships with other places

Contains Chapel of St Fergus, Dyce

Contains Paulscroft, Dyce

Contains Pitmedden House, Dyce

Parish details

Dyce

Parish TLA

DYC

County

Aberdeenshire

Medieval diocese

Aberdeen

Parish notes

One of the six pendicles of KINKELL (KKL KKX), the revenues of which appear in part to have pertained to the Knights Hospitallers at Torphichen in 14th c.. The six chapels or membra closely associated with Kinkell were: Drumblade, Dyce, Kemnay, Kinnellar, Kintore and Skene, the mother church accordingly being known as a plebanus (Abdn. Reg. ii 248, 253 [where called a 'plebania']; CPL vii, 208). Any link to the Hospt. came to an end with the erection of the church and its annexed chapels into a prebend of Aberdeen cathedral in 1420 (Abdn. Reg. ii, 253). Both parsonage and vicarage continued to be annexed at the Reformation, the cure being served by a vicar pensioner maintained by the canon of Kinkell. Cowan 1967, 56. See RRS v no.107 (1316) for detailed local marches (see also under Newhills NHS).