Dumgree, former parish, Kirkpatrick Juxta

Grid reference

NY 060 967 (accurate position)

Six-figure easting & northing

306000 596700

Latitude

55.25545947037629

Longitude

-3.479083948977598

County

Dumfriesshire

Nearby places

St Ann's, settlement, Johnstone (2.12 miles)

Kirkpatrick Juxta Moffat, parish (2.94 miles)

Kirkpatrick, eccles., Kirkpatrick Juxta (2.94 miles)

Martinwhat Rig, Johnstone (2.95 miles)

Cuddy's Stone, Kirkpatrick Juxta (3.08 miles)

Object Classification

Parish (non-extant in 1975)

Is linear feature?

No

Relationships with other parishes

Within Kirkpatrick Juxta Moffat, parish

Parish details

Dumgree now part of Kirkpatrick Juxta KPJ

Parish TLA

DXG

Medieval diocese

Glasgow

Parish notes

Aka Drumgreioch the church was granted by Walter de Carnato to Kelso Abbey c.1180 and confirmed to the uses of the abbey by Bp. Walter of Glasgow (Kelso Lib. nos. 13, 279, 344). A vicarage was erected thereafter, the parsonage teinds continuing with the abbey at the Reformation, although the revenues appear to have been mainly devoted to the use of the cell of Lesmahagow (ibid. p. 471; Assumptions 236, 241, 248; RSS v no. 2840). Cowan 1967, 52. Now part of Kirkpatrick Juxta KPJ.