Dundurcas, former parish, Boharm/Rothes

Grid reference

NJ 302 510 (assumed location)

Six-figure easting & northing

330200 851000

Latitude

57.543961473838166

Longitude

-3.1662250267122434

County

Morayshire

Nearby places

St Nicholas Hospital & Chapel, Spey, Boharm (1.06 miles)

Rothes, parish (2.1 miles)

Maryhill, Rothes (2.17 miles)

Ladies Moss, Speymouth/Rothes (2.53 miles)

Boharm, parish (formerly Arndilly) (2.53 miles)

Object Classification

Parish (non-extant in 1975)

Notes

Dundurcas Farm on OS Pathf.; Dundurcas on Landranger. Referring to same place?

Relationships with other parishes

Within Boharm, parish (formerly Arndilly)

partially

Within Rothes, parish

partially

Parish details

Dundurcus now partly in Boharm BOH and partly in Rothes RHS

Parish TLA

DXD

Medieval diocese

Moray

Parish notes

A vicarage in Bagimond, the parsonage would then appear to have been annexed to the Hospital of Rathven, which was founded 1224 x 1226, its revenues being utilised with those of the hospital and its other annexes to found a prebend in Aberdeen cathedral in 1445 (SHS Misc. vi, 76; Moray Reg. no. 71; Aberdeen Reg. ii, 253; RS. 416, 213). See Cowan 1967, 52 for more details. Part of Dundurcus was united with Boharm in 1782 (Fasti, 336); presumably the other part was united to Rothes at the same time, since Dundurcus and what was probably the site of the old kirk beside Kirkhill (by Dundurcus) lie in Rothes parish RHS.