Dunsyre, parish

Grid reference

NT 071 481 (accurate position)

Six-figure easting & northing

307100 648100

Latitude

55.71742206745517

Longitude

-3.4789818409876103

Nearby places

Walston, parish LAN (1.78 miles)

Dolphinton, parish (2.08 miles)

Mary's Knowe, Dolphinton (2.25 miles)

Lady Moss, Kirkurd / Skirling (3.67 miles)

Kirkurd, parish (4.82 miles)

Object Classification

Parish (extant in 1975)

Is linear feature?

No

Parish TLA

DSY

County

Lanarkshire

Medieval diocese

Glasgow

Parish notes

Granted to Kelso by Fergus Mackabaird (1165 x 1199), and by Helias, brother of Jocelin, bishop of Glasgow (1175 x 1199), but its revenues mainly devoted to the use of Kelso's cell at Lesmahagow (Cowan 1967, 55)