Corrie, former parish, Hutton & Corrie

Grid reference

NY 197 842 (accurate position)

Six-figure easting & northing

319700 584200

Latitude

55.14557134843166

Longitude

-3.2600271774458247

County

Dumfriesshire

Nearby places

Mungo's Stone, Tundergarth (2 miles)

Tundergarth, parish (2.6 miles)

Mary's Cleugh, Dryfesdale/Applegarth (3.41 miles)

St Michael's Chapel, Dryfesdale (3.65 miles)

St Michael's Walls, settlement, Dryfesdale (3.65 miles)

Object Classification

Parish (non-extant in 1975)

Is linear feature?

No

Relationships with other parishes

Within Hutton (Magna) & Corrie, modern parish

Parish details

Corrie part of Hutton HTX & Corrie HCR, united in 1609.

Parish TLA

CXO

Medieval diocese

Glasgow

Parish notes

An independent parsonage, which in the 16th c. lay within the patronage of the Johnstones of Corrie (HMC Rep. XV, App. Pt viii, 51; etc.). Cowan 1967, 35. Hutton and Corrie were united in 1609 (Rogerson 1908, 5 [Hutton Under the Muir]); the act uniting them states ‘... The kirkis of corrie and hwtoun the place of the kirk to be at hwtoun...’ 1609 APS iv, p. 441.