Craig, parish (aka Inchbrayock)

Grid reference

NO 709 567 (accurate position)

Six-figure easting & northing

370900 756700

Latitude

56.701237875216805

Longitude

-2.475275723318777

Nearby places

St Braoch's Church, Inchbraoch/Craig, Montrose (0 miles)

Inchbraoch, island, Montrose (0.06 miles)

St Paul's Church, Montrose (0.45 miles)

Church of Sts Peter & Paul, Montrose (0.69 miles)

Montrose, parish, aka Salorch (0.69 miles)

Object Classification

Parish (extant in 1975)

Is linear feature?

No

Notes

NGR for Craig Old Parish Church, alias Inchbrayock, with medieval remains and Pictish symbol stones (NMRS)

http://canmore.rcahms.gov.uk/

Relationships with other parishes

Contains Dunninald, former parish, Craig

Contains Pert, former modern parish, Logie-Pert (formerly)

created out of Craig after Reformation

Parish details

Craig formerly Inchbrayock, and including Dunninald DNX.

Parish TLA

CRG

County

Angus

Medieval diocese

St Andrews

Parish notes

Formerly known as Inchbrayock, Inchbrioch or Insula Sancti Bricchi, the church, now known as Craig, was made a mensal church of the archbp. of St A. 1473 (Cowan 1967, 85 (Inchbrayock). After the Reformation the parish of Over Inchbrioch or Pert PEX was created out of the medieval parish of Inchbrioch. This was later united with Logie-Montrose to form the parish of Logie-Pert LOP. See Warden Angus iv 232. No changes noted in Shennan 1892.