Benvie, former parish (Liff & Benvie)

Grid reference

NO 329 314 (accurate position)

Six-figure easting & northing

332900 731400

Latitude

56.47004893157094

Longitude

-3.089262562988723

County

Angus

Nearby places

Liff & Benvie, parish (0.9 miles)

Liff, former parish, Liff & Benvie (0.9 miles)

Fowlis Easter, parish (1.32 miles)

St Marnock's Church, Fowlis Easter (1.32 miles)

Carmichael, settlement Longforgan (1.49 miles)

Object Classification

Parish (non-extant in 1975)

Notes

NGR for the medieval church site, OS maps 'Benvie Church'.

Relationships with other parishes

Within Liff & Benvie, parish

Parish details

Benvie part of Liff LIX and Benvie LIB

Parish TLA

BVX

Medieval diocese

St Andrews

Parish notes

A parsonage in Bag., the patronage of the church was held from 1293 by the Scrymgeours of Dundee, who in that year received a feu of the lands of Benvie and Balrudrie from William de Maule of Panmure, in whose family the superiority continued (Panmure Reg. 152-165; Scrymgeour Inventory nos. 1, 16, 17, 21, 35, 36, 46, 50). Cowan 1967, 16-17.