Funded by a Leverhulme Trust Project Grant
Ardoch, modern parish
NN 837 098 (accurate position)
Six-figure easting & northing
Keirblane, settlement, Ardoch (0.66 miles)
St Kessog's Chapel, Muthill (3.59 miles)
Blackford, modern parish (3.8 miles)
Ladyscroft, Blackford (4.51 miles)
Lady's Well, Muthill (4.7 miles)
Parish (extant in 1975)
The website of the parish records its history: 'The district of Ardoch was taken from Muthill, and parts of Blackford and Dunblane Parishes were added to it and the whole was created a parish of Ardoch in 1857, with full Quod Sacra status. The present parish Church was erected in 1780 as a “Chapel of ease” and was opened for public worship on 25th March, 1781. The former Braco United Free Church was built the following year at the time of the disruption which was fairly general throughout Scotland. There was also a Church at Greenloaning which belonged to the United Presbyterian Church and had been built whilst this part was still in Dunblane parish.'
Relationships with other parishes
Within Muthill, parish (formerly)
Relationships with other places
Contains Keirblane, settlement, Ardoch
Ardoch formerly part of Muthill MUT.