Langholm, modern parish

Grid reference

NY 361 844 (accurate position)

Six-figure easting & northing

336100 584400

Latitude

55.14975661067981

Longitude

-3.0027813332822526

County

Dumfriesshire

Nearby places

Wauchope, former parish, Langholm (0.45 miles)

Crossmungo Moss, Langholm (1.22 miles)

Staplegorton, former parish, Langholm (2.24 miles)

Mungo's Faulds, Canonbie (3.16 miles)

St Bride's Chapel, Langholm (3.32 miles)

Object Classification

Parish (extant in 1975)

Is linear feature?

No

Relationships with other parishes

Contains Langholm, modern parish

Within Langholm, modern parish

Contains Morton, parish

part of

Contains Staplegorton, former parish, Langholm

Contains Wauchope, former parish, Langholm

Relationships with other places

Contains Crossmungo Moss, Langholm

Contains St Bride's Chapel, Langholm

Parish TLA

LHM

County

Dumfriesshire

Parish notes

Langholm was created in 1702 out of the union of Staplegorton, Wauchope and part of Morton parishes (NMRS), the other part of Morton being united with Canonbie. Part of the Morton part of Langholm was separated from Langholm in 1835 to become Half Morton (NMRS)