Whitburn, modern parish

Grid reference

NS 946 645 (accurate position)

Six-figure easting & northing

294600 664500

Latitude

55.86217347073987

Longitude

-3.6842389250477723

Nearby places

Bathgate, parish (3.48 miles)

Pate's Hill, West Calder (4.19 miles)

West Calder, modern parish (4.5 miles)

St John's Well, Torphichen (5.1 miles)

Torphichen, ~eccles Torphichen (5.15 miles)

Object Classification

Parish (extant in 1975)

Notes

The NGR is for the former chapel, which became the parish kirk of Whitburn when it was disjoined from Livingston in 1731 (ScotlandsPlaces) though the New Statistical Account claims that the kirk was opened in 1718 (NSA Linlithgowshire, 81).

Relationships with other parishes

Within Livingston, parish (formerly)

Parish details

Disjoined from Livingston in 1731.

Parish TLA

WHB

County

West Lothian