Walls, former parish, Walls & Flotta (Ork)

Grid reference

ND 334 895 (assumed location)

Six-figure easting & northing

333400 989500

Latitude

58.78829561046709

Longitude

-3.152306049932352

County

Orkney

Nearby places

St Colm's Kirk, Walls & Flotta (Orkney) (0 miles)

Flotta, former parish, Walls & Flotta (Orkney) (2.94 miles)

Walls and Flotta, modern parish (3.14 miles)

St Peter's Chapel, Swona, South Ronaldsay (4.5 miles)

St John's Geo, South Ronaldsay (6.19 miles)

Object Classification

Parish (non-extant in 1975)

Is linear feature?

No

Notes

Walls WAX constitutes the southern part of the island of Hoy, together with the little peninsula of South Walls. The NGR given is for St Colm's Chapel, South Walls, which is the only ecclesiastical object marked on Blaeu's map of Orkney (1654), where it is called S. Colms K.

Relationships with other parishes

Within Walls and Flotta, modern parish

Parish details

Walls now part of Wall and Flotta WAF

Parish TLA

WAX

Medieval diocese

Orkney