Urquhart & Glenmoriston, parish

Grid reference

NH 515 285 (accurate position)

Six-figure easting & northing

251000 829000

Latitude

57.327362651761014

Longitude

-4.475090428653033

Nearby places

Urquhart, former parish, Urquhart & Glenmoriston (0.44 miles)

Pitkerrald, Urquhart & Glenmoristone (0.79 miles)

Kilmichael House, Urquhart & Glenmoriston (0.92 miles)

Kilmichael, eccles. Urquhart & Glenmoriston (0.92 miles)

St Ninian's Chapel, Urquhart & Glenmoriston (1.36 miles)

Object Classification

Parish (extant in 1975)

Is linear feature?

No

Notes

NGR for Old Kilmore Church, Glen Urquhart, built in 1630 (NMRS) (possibly on the site of the medieval kirk).

http://canmore.rcahms.gov.uk/

Parish details

Urquhart UCX and Glenmoriston (Glenmoriston a pendicle of UCX before the Reformation).

Parish TLA

UGM

County

Inverness-shire

Medieval diocese

Moray

Parish notes

Formerly simply the parish of Urquhart, of which Glenmoriston was a pendicle until around the time of the Reformation when they became one parish. It was assigned as a prebend of his cathedral by Brice, bishopp of Moray (1208 x 1215).