Funded by a Leverhulme Trust Project Grant
Urquhart, former parish, Urquhart & Glenmoriston
NH 515 295 (accurate position)
Six-figure easting & northing
Urquhart & Glenmoriston, parish (0.44 miles)
Kilmichael House, Urquhart & Glenmoriston (0.89 miles)
Kilmichael, eccles. Urquhart & Glenmoriston (0.89 miles)
Pitkerrald, Urquhart & Glenmoristone (0.9 miles)
St Ninian's Chapel, Urquhart & Glenmoriston (0.94 miles)
Parish (non-extant in 1975)
Is linear feature?
NMRS: These are the ruins of the former parish church, built in 1630, and known as 'Kilmore', as was it's predecessor mentioned in 1215. The church was abandoned in 1836, on the erection of the present parish church. The churchyard contains some old gravestones taken from the graveyard at Abriachan. (NH53SE 2).
Relationships with other parishes
Relationships with other places
Urquhart part of Urquhart and Glenmoriston UGM