Sandwick, parish (Orkney)

Grid reference

HY 234 198 (accurate position)

Six-figure easting & northing

323400 101980

Latitude

59.058703032877766

Longitude

-3.335740878212385

Nearby places

St Peter's Church, Sandwick (Orkney) (0 miles)

Harray, former parish, Birsay & Harray (4 miles)

Mary Kirk, eccles. Harray, Birsay & Harray (4 miles)

St Mary's Chapel, Stromness (Orkney) (4.33 miles)

St Magnus Well, Birsay (Orkney) (4.89 miles)

Object Classification

Parish (extant in 1975)

Is linear feature?

No

Notes

NGR for Sandwick St Peter's Kirk (NMRS). According to the minister in 1795, 'The church of Sandwick was rebuilt in 1670, by Andrew Honyman, Bishop of Orkney; and again rebuilt in 1767. It was dedicated to St Peter ...' (OSA xvi, 452).

http://canmore.rcahms.gov.uk/

Relationships with other places

Contains St Peter's Church, Sandwick (Orkney)

Parish TLA

SWK

County

Orkney

Medieval diocese

Orkney