Kincurdie, settlement, Rosemarkie

Grid reference

NH 737 581 (accurate position)

Six-figure easting & northing

273700 858100

Latitude

57.5954593641985

Longitude

-4.1133559566334075

Nearby places

Rosemarkie, parish (0.31 miles)

St Boniface Church, Fortrose, Rosemarkie (1.17 miles)

St Andrew's Church, episcopal, Rosemarkie (1.28 miles)

St Boniface's Well, Rosemarkie (1.32 miles)

Ardersier, parish (2.82 miles)

Object Classification

Settlement

Notes

The name survives in OS Kincurdie House. It appears from the 1615 charter that Kincurdie (Kyncurdy) had been part of the estate of the bishop of Ross, since in that charter the king confirms a charter of David, bishop of Ross, with the consent of his dean and chapter, in which he set Kincurdie in feuferme to George, earl of Caithness and Jean Godon his wife. It was a half-davoch of land, with the chapel of Kincurdie (capella de Kyncurdy) ad a chapel garden, with fishing rights etc. The bishop's original charter was dated 26 March 1607.

Relationships with other parishes

Within Rosemarkie, parish