Southwick, former parish, Colvend & Southwick

Grid reference

NX 906 569 (accurate position)

Six-figure easting & northing

290600 556900

Latitude

54.89475679181286

Longitude

-3.706004155408301

Nearby places

St Lawrence's Well, Colvend and Southwick (1.68 miles)

St Lawrence's Chapel, Colvend & Southwick (1.69 miles)

Colvend, former parish, Colvend & Southwick (3.27 miles)

Colvend & Southwick, modern parish (3.27 miles)

Ladyland, settlement, Kirkbean (3.5 miles)

Object Classification

Parish (non-extant in 1975)

Is linear feature?

No

Parish details

Southwick part of Colvend & Southwick CSK. Colvend and Southwick were certainly united by 1663, as the single parish is mentioned in RPS 1663/6/140.

Parish TLA

SKX

Medieval diocese

Glasgow

Parish notes

Now part of Colvend and Southwick CSK. Both parsonage and vicarage fruits were annexed to the Chapel Royal at Stirling on its erection in 1501 (Hist. Chapel Royal 14-15, 25-6, 91-2). See Cowan 1967, 186 for more details. Seem to be no earlier references.