St Edward's Chapel, Canna, Small Isles

Grid reference

NG 275 047 (accurate position)

Six-figure easting & northing

127500 804700

Latitude

57.05275220718503

Longitude

-6.494431438414701

Altitude (metres)

10

Nearby places

Canna, former parish, Small Isles (0.62 miles)

St Columba's Chapel, Small Isles (Canna) (0.62 miles)

Kilmory, settlement Small Isles (Rum) (5.37 miles)

Kilmory, eccles. Small Isles (Rum) (5.37 miles)

Ard Nev, Small Isles (Rum) (5.75 miles)

Object Classification

Ecclesiastical

Is linear feature?

No

Notes

The chapel dediced to St Edward the Confessor was built in 1886-1890 by the Marchioness of Bute in memory of her late father, Lord Howard of Glossop (RCHAMS). It has now been converted into a study centre (1998-2001), which is shown on OS maps as St Edwards Centre.

Relationships with other parishes

Within Canna, former parish, Small Isles (formerly)

Within Small Isles, modern parish