Roslin, former parish, Lasswade

Grid reference

NT 273 630 (accurate position)

Six-figure easting & northing

327300 663000

Latitude

55.85473750329351

Longitude

-3.161455095188232

County

Midlothian

Nearby places

St Matthew's Church, Roslin, Lasswade (0 miles)

St Matthew's Collegiate Church, Roslin, Lasswade (0.06 miles)

St Matthew's Well, Roslin, Lasswade (0.06 miles)

Glencorse, parish (1.73 miles)

St Margaret's Well, Lasswade (2.14 miles)

Object Classification

Parish (non-extant in 1975)

Notes

The NGR is given for St Matthew's Church, which served as the parish kirk of Roslin until the late fifteenth century, when Roslin Chapel/St Matthew's Collegiate Church took over that role.

Relationships with other parishes

Within Lasswade, parish

Parish details

Roslin now part of Lasswade LAS

Parish TLA

RIX

Medieval diocese

St Andrews

Parish notes

A pendicle of Lasswade in 1443, the teinds of the church were involved in the tangled unions and revocations which centred around Lasswade in the 15th c.. See Lasswade for more details. See also Cowan 1967, 172-3.