St Cuthbert's Chapel, Kingledores, Drumelzier

Grid reference

NT 100 280 (general (5km))

Six-figure easting & northing

310000 628000

Latitude

55.53740084420839

Longitude

-3.426256031312412

County

Peebleshire

Nearby places

Tweedsmuir, modern parish (2.17 miles)

Glenholm, former parish BGK (3.04 miles)

St Cuthbert's Church, Glenholm BGK (3.04 miles)

St Bees Well, Kilbucho BGK (4.12 miles)

Kilbucho, eccles. Kilbucho BGK (4.15 miles)

Object Classification

Ecclesiastical

Notes

NMRS records: “About 1200, Christin, the Hermit of Kingledoors, appears as one of the witnesses regarding the marches of Stobo. Before the close of the same century this chapel, under the invocation of St. Cuthbert, was erected in the glen, possibly as a perpetuation of the cell or oratory of Christin the Hermit. It stood on the South side of the burn of Kingledores. C B Gunn 1931”)

http://canmore.rcahms.gov.uk/

Relationships with other parishes

Within Drumelzier, parish