St Marjory's Church, Dornock

Grid reference

NY 230 659 (accurate position)

Six-figure easting & northing

323000 565900

Latitude

54.98166750969

Longitude

-3.203314835435971

Altitude (metres)

20

County

Dumfriesshire

Nearby places

Dornock, parish (0 miles)

St Columba's Church, Annan (2.01 miles)

Annan, parish (2.39 miles)

Helen's Well, Kirkpatrick Fleming (3.61 miles)

Kirkpatrick Fleming, settlement, KPF (3.82 miles)

Object Classification

Antiquity

Ecclesiastical

Is linear feature?

No

Notes

This is the medieval parish church of Dornock, and three recumbent coped stones lie in the kirkyard of 12th or 13th century date. NMRS records, in addition, anent the dedication, 'The pre-Reformation church, traditionally dedicated to St. Marjory, was taken down when the present parish church (NY26NW 4.00) was built in 1793. It stood in the churchyard, about a chain south of, and immediately behind, the present church. Name Book 1857'.

http://canmore.rcahms.gov.uk/

Relationships with other parishes

Within Dornock, parish