St Martin's Chapel, Fettercairn

Grid reference

NO 616 684 (accurate position)

Six-figure easting & northing

361600 768400

Latitude

56.805680143070205

Longitude

-2.628913022081402

County

Kincardineshire

Nearby places

St Lawrence's Well, Edzell (1.22 miles)

Dunlappie, former parish, Stracathro (1.58 miles)

Stracathro, parish (1.68 miles)

Inglismaldie, ~eccles. Marykirk (1.95 miles)

Inglismaldie, settlement, Marykirk (1.95 miles)

Object Classification

Ecclesiastical

Is linear feature?

No

Notes

In 1493 this chapel was referred to in the description of a place as 'lyand at the bridgend beside Saint Martin's chaple in the Mearns, betwixt the lands of Dullachie (modern Dalladies) at the south, and the lands of Disclune at the north' (Spalding Miscellany v, 289). Beside the NGR given is OS Chapelton.

Relationships with other parishes

Within Fettercairn, parish