St Peter's Church & Friary, Roxburgh, Kelso

Grid reference

NT 719 337 (accurate position)

Six-figure easting & northing

371900 633700

Latitude

55.5961127896861

Longitude

-2.445958590630455

Altitude (metres)

35

County

Roxburghshire

Nearby places

Holy Sepulchre Church, Roxburgh, Kelso (0.22 miles)

Roxburgh Holy Sepulchre, former parish, Kelso (0.22 miles)

Maxwell, former parish, Kelso (0.25 miles)

St Michael's Church, Maxwell, Kelso (0.25 miles)

St James's Green, Roxburgh, Kelso (0.28 miles)

Object Classification

Antiquity

Ecclesiastical

Is linear feature?

No

Notes

OS 6 inch 1st edn shows this part of the haugh between the rivers Teviot and Tweed as lying in Roxburgh parish, but the 2nd edn of this map (1892 x 1905) shows that the boundary has moved, and the priory is now in Kelso parish. See NMRS (Canmore ID 58413) for a history of the Franciscan priory and church here, sold to Sir Walter Ker of Cessford at the time of the Reformation.

http://canmore.rcahms.gov.uk/

Relationships with other parishes

Within Kelso, parish

Within Roxburgh, modern parish (formerly)