South Queensferry, modern former parish, Dalmeny

Grid reference

NT 130 782 (accurate position)

Six-figure easting & northing

313000 678200

Latitude

55.988914793713306

Longitude

-3.394737739533298

County

West Lothian

Nearby places

Dalmeny, parish (0.97 miles)

St James' Chapel, Inverkeithing (1.37 miles)

St Margarets, settlement Inverkeithing (1.79 miles)

St Margaret's Hope, Inverkeithing (2.22 miles)

Kirkliston, parish (2.45 miles)

Object Classification

Parish (non-extant in 1975)

Is linear feature?

No

Notes

The NGR is for the old parish kirk, formerly the Chapel of St Michael (sic) built 1633 and became the parish church in 1635 (RMS ix no. 339). The church is situated behind the south side of the High Street. The building is now used as a YMCA day centre and appears in good condition.

Relationships with other parishes

Within Dalmeny, parish

Relationships with other places

Contains St Michael's Chapel, S.Queensferry, Dalmeny

Parish TLA

SXQ

Medieval diocese

St Andrews