St Baldred's Chapel, North Berwick (Bass)

Grid reference

NT 601 873 (accurate position)

Six-figure easting & northing

360100 687300

Latitude

56.07690819048058

Longitude

-2.641093791389001

Nearby places

Bass, former parish, North Berwick (0 miles)

St Baldred's House, Whitekirk & Tyninghame (1.61 miles)

St Baldred's Boat, Whitekirk & Tyningham (1.64 miles)

Auldhame, former parish, WTH (1.68 miles)

St Baldred's Cave, Whitekirk & Tyninghame (1.81 miles)

Object Classification

Antiquity

Ecclesiastical

Is linear feature?

No

Notes

A chapel on the island of Bass Rock, situated on a grassy terrace, one of three terraces. The building has been described as dating to the sixteenth century, though a papal bull of 1492 refers to the newly erected parish church of the Bass (NMRS).

http://canmore.rcahms.gov.uk/