St Cuthbert's Parish Church, Prestwick

Grid reference

NS 356 267 (accurate position)

Six-figure easting & northing

235600 626700

Latitude

55.50634696988875

Longitude

-4.603467735261536

County

Ayrshire

Nearby places

St Nicholas's Well, Prestwick (0.42 miles)

Prestwick St Nicholas, parish (burgh) (0.42 miles)

St Nicholas's Church, Prestwick (0.42 miles)

St Cuthbert's Church, Monkton & Prestwick (0.63 miles)

Monkton, former parish, Monkton & Prestwick (0.63 miles)

Object Classification

Is linear feature?

No

Notes

This is the new parish church built in 1837, and named St Cuthbert's in 1908 after the construction of a second parish church in south of Monkton & Prestwick Parish, called St Nicholas. Although these names are modern, they reflect the original dedications of the medieval churches of Monkton (St Cuthbert) and St Nicholas (Prestwick). The name is no longer current, now being called Monkton and Prestwick North Parish Church, after a merger of congregations.

Relationships with other parishes

Within Monkton & Prestwick, parish