Kilbride, eccles., Glassary

Grid reference

NR 850 966 (accurate position)

Six-figure easting & northing

185000 696600

Latitude

56.1137104359361

Longitude

-5.458578729025963

County

Argyllshire

Nearby places

Cnoc an Aingil, Glassary (0.12 miles)

Kilbride, settlement, Glassary (0.2 miles)

Kilmartin, settlement Kilmartin (1.69 miles)

Kilmartin, parish (1.69 miles)

Kilmartin, eccles. Kilmartin (1.69 miles)

Object Classification

Antiquity

Ecclesiastical

Notes

This chapel, whose remains date to about 1300 and which was in use until the Reformation is labelled, on OS 6", 'St Bride's Chapel'. See Canmore ID 39428. One carved cross of 10th or 11th century was found on the site. It is described under Canmore ID 39433. The missing stone mentioned there is probably the Early Christian stone found recently on the site and now at Kilmartin House Museum.

http://canmore.rcahms.gov.uk/

Relationships with other parishes

Within Kilmichael Glassary, parish

Within Kilmichael Glassary, parish