St Mungo's Chapel, Blackford

Grid reference

NN 933 089 (accurate position)

Six-figure easting & northing

293300 708900

Latitude

56.260672332569165

Longitude

-3.7226960345810447

Altitude (metres)

125

County

Perthshire

Nearby places

Bride's Burn, Blackford (0.88 miles)

St Mungo's Farm, Blackford (0.95 miles)

St Mungo's Well, Blackford (1.14 miles)

Ladyscroft, Blackford (1.61 miles)

Blackford, modern parish (2.17 miles)

Object Classification

Antiquity

Ecclesiastical

Is linear feature?

No

Notes

NMRS records a'small late featureless chapel which fell out of use in 1745 but has since become the family chapel of the House of Gleneagles'. The much modernised (sixteenth century?) building probably stands on the site of an earlier one.

http://canmore.rcahms.gov.uk/

Relationships with other parishes

Within Blackford, modern parish

Relationships with other places

Adjacent St Mungo's Well, Blackford