St Columba's Chapel, Morvern

Grid reference

NM 547 549 (accurate position)

Six-figure easting & northing

154700 754900

Latitude

56.62169915321993

Longitude

-5.99919715444691

Altitude (metres)

15

County

Argyllshire

Nearby places

Cnoc Mhicheil, Morvern (0.26 miles)

Killintag, former parish, Morvern (1.25 miles)

Killintag, eccles, Killintag, Morvern (1.25 miles)

Tobar Mhoire, well, KKE (Mull) (2.85 miles)

Tobermory, settlement KKE (Mull) (2.86 miles)

Object Classification

Ecclesiastical

Is linear feature?

No

Notes

NMRS records: St Columba's Church (RC). Disused. Built and designed by the Edinburgh wright-architect James Anderson (1838) on the site of Drimnin Castle.J Gifford 1992. Up the hill to the North-East, 380 m away, is the burial enclosure on Cnoc Mhicheil.

http://canmore.rcahms.gov.uk/

Relationships with other parishes

Within Morvern, parish

Relationships with other places

Adjacent Cnoc Mhicheil, Morvern