St John's Chapel, Kinneff & Catterline

Grid reference

NO 834 780 (accurate position)

Six-figure easting & northing

383400 778000

Latitude

56.89321893881186

Longitude

-2.2725075151288094

Altitude (metres)

95

County

Kincardineshire

Nearby places

St John's Hill, Kinneff & Catterline (0.43 miles)

St John's Knap, Kinneff & Catterline (0.47 miles)

Marnock Knap, Arbuthnott (0.61 miles)

St Johnshill, house Kinneff & Catterline (0.74 miles)

Catterline, former parish, Kinneff and Catterline (2.06 miles)

Object Classification

Antiquity

Ecclesiastical

Is linear feature?

No

Notes

NMRS: AN old resident of the parish stated that her mother saw the Duke of Cumberland's army march to Cullodden in 1746, and that a RC chapel at the OS site was destroyed by part of this army. It is first mentioned in the seventeenth century, but may have been of medieval origin. There are no remains now.

http://canmore.rcahms.gov.uk/

Relationships with other parishes

Within Kinneff & Catterline, modern parish

Relationships with other places

Adjacent St Johnshill, house Kinneff & Catterline