Monquhitter, modern parish

Grid reference

NJ 801 504 (accurate position)

Six-figure easting & northing

380100 850400

Latitude

57.543518822823465

Longitude

-2.3324781251792825

County

Aberdeenshire

Nearby places

St Luke's Episcopal Church, Monquhitter (0.25 miles)

Lady Mary's Well, by Delgatie Castle, Turriff (2.85 miles)

Tippercowan, well, King Edward (2.91 miles)

Tippercowan, settlement, King Edward (2.97 miles)

Maryhill, settlement, Monquhitter (3.45 miles)

Object Classification

Parish (extant in 1975)

Relationships with other parishes

Contains Monquhitter, modern parish

Within Monquhitter, modern parish

Within Turriff, parish (formerly)

Relationships with other places

Contains Maryhill, settlement, Monquhitter

Contains St Luke's Episcopal Church, Monquhitter

Parish details

Monquhitter, created out of Turrif TUR in 1649.

Parish TLA

MQR

County

Aberdeenshire

Parish notes

In 1649 the parish of Monquhitter MQR was created out of Turriff TUR, and named after the farm where new kirk was built (Fasti 6, 268).