Funded by a Leverhulme Trust Project Grant
NJ 323 392 (accurate position)
Six-figure easting & northing
Elchies, former parish, Knockando (4.17 miles)
St Durstan's Well, Aberlour (4.24 miles)
St Durstan's Church, Aberlour (4.31 miles)
Aberlour, parish (4.31 miles)
Fumac Kirk, Botriphnie (4.39 miles)
Parish (extant in 1975)
Is linear feature?
Cowan (1967, 152) considers that the Malcolm III grant may be based on fact. By 1256, and evidently during the episcopate of Peter Ramsay 1247-56, the church with all its fruits had been erected into a prebend of Aberdeen cathedral, as it remained. Both parsonage and vicarage were thus annexed, while the cure was a vicarage pensionary (ibid. ii, 40, 252 + other refs.). Cowan 1967, 52.
Names1 head-name linked to this place ?
Certainty that this name applies to this place
The status of this name is
Is this a current OS form? ?
Is this the original referent of the place?
Is the association of this name to this object hypothetical?