Moy & Dalarossie, modern parish

Grid reference

NH 760 290 (accurate position)

Six-figure easting & northing

276000 829000

Latitude

57.334843454637024

Longitude

-4.060143449784883

Nearby places

Dalarossie, former parish, Moy & Dalarossie (3.07 miles)

Lunan, former parish (aka Moy), Moy & Dalarossie (3.31 miles)

Daviot & Dunlichity, modern parish (6.68 miles)

Dunlichity, former parish, Daviot & Dunlichity (6.71 miles)

St Paul's Church, episc. DDY (6.87 miles)

Object Classification

Parish (extant in 1975)

Is linear feature?

No

Notes

The NGR given is for a point about half way between the old kirks of Moy and Dalarossie, which are situated about 12km apart. 'The parish of Moy & Dalarossie was situated partly in the county of Inverness and partly in the county of Nairn. No change is made [by parliament in 1891] in the county of Nairn, but the Nairnshire part of the parish has been transferred to the Nairnshire parish of Cawdor. The parish of Moy and Dalarossie now consists solely of that part of the old parish which was in the county of Inverness' (Shennan 1892, 145-6).

Parish details

Moy MYX & Dalarossie

Parish TLA

MDL

County

Inverness-shire

Parish notes

This united parish was situated partly in NAI and partly in INV up until 1891. In that year no change was made in the county boundary but the NAI part of the parish was transferred to the NAI part of Cawdor (Shennan 145-6). This consisted of: Ballachrochan (farm), Quillichan (farm), Kincraig, Lagreach and Ballaggan (farm) + fishings (ibid. 154). All of these subjects are now in Cawdor parish NAI.