Lamberton, parish

Grid reference

NT 968 573 (accurate position)

Six-figure easting & northing

396800 657300

Latitude

55.80898701742458

Longitude

-2.051061929485938

Nearby places

St Mary's Church, Mordington (1.41 miles)

Mordington, parish (1.41 miles)

St Johns, settlement Foulden (2.05 miles)

St Leonard's Nunnery, Berwick-on-Tweed (2.28 miles)

Foulden, parish (2.56 miles)

Object Classification

Parish (non-extant in 1975)

Is linear feature?

No

Notes

NGR for Lamberton Old Parish Church.

Parish details

Lamberton now part of Mordington MRD

Parish TLA

LTX

Medieval diocese

St Andrews

Parish notes

'The church waas granted 1199 x 1200 by Roger, bishop of St Andrews, to the uses of the monks of Durham. Although confirmed to Durham in 1253, the revenues of the parsonage appear to have been devoted to the use of the cell of Coldingham by the end of that century and thereafter followed the vicissitudes of that house, which was ultimately united to Dunfermline in the sixteenth century'.