Kilbride, former parish, Dunblane & Lecropt

Grid reference

NN 756 027 (accurate position)

Six-figure easting & northing

275500 702700

Latitude

56.20066559578261

Longitude

-4.006982314431023

County

Perthshire

Nearby places

Kilbride, eccles. KRX Dunblane & Lecropt (0 miles)

Kilbryde settlement, Kilbride, Dunblane (0.56 miles)

Dunblane, former parish, Dunblane & Lecropt (1.8 miles)

Dunblane, eccles, Dunblane & Lecropt (1.8 miles)

Dunblane, settlement, Dunblane & Lecropt (1.83 miles)

Object Classification

Parish (non-extant in 1975)

Notes

McNiven (2011, 142-3): it was united first with Dunblane DXE, which later formed part of Dunblane & Lecropt. The parish was not part of Menteith, unlike Dunblane, but in the earldom of Strathearn. The parish territory was that of the barony of Kilbride until at least the seventeenth century, so the lands of the barony as given when purchased by John Stirling in 1662 give an idea of the extent of the parish. They included the farms of Nether Glastry (NN743051), Dalbrack (NN743051), Grainston (NN758.033). [Presumably also the lands of Kilbryde itself, around Kilbryde Castle.] The western boundary of the parish seems to have been formed by Allt na Criche ('burn of the boundary'), where it marched with Kilmadock parish.

Relationships with other parishes

Within Dunblane & Lecropt, parish (since 1900)

Within Dunblane, former parish, Dunblane & Lecropt (formerly)

Incorporated into DXE in 1618

Parish details

Kilbride now part of Dunblane & Lecropt DLE

Parish TLA

KRX

Medieval diocese

Dunblane