Funded by a Leverhulme Trust Project Grant
Auldbar, former parish, Aberlemno
NO 573 582 (accurate position)
Six-figure easting & northing
St Ann's Cottage, Brechin (1.06 miles)
St Murdoch's Well, Brechin (1.1 miles)
Kilmuir, former parish, Brechin (1.54 miles)
Kilmuir, eccles., Kilmuir, Brechin (1.54 miles)
Michael Den, Brechin (1.63 miles)
Parish (non-extant in 1975)
NGR for what is now called Aldbar Chapel. A class III Pictish cross found there is now in Brechin Cathedral.
Auldbar now part of Aberlemno ABL
Granted to the Collegiate Church of Methven on, or shortly after, its foundation in 1433 by Walter Stewart earl of Athole and Strathearn. See Cowan 1967, 11 for more details. Not mentioned in Shennan 1892.