Funded by a Leverhulme Trust Project Grant
NO 802 746 (accurate position)
Six-figure easting & northing
St Ternan's Church, Kilternan, Arbuthnott (0.06 miles)
Kilternan, settlement Arbuthnott (0.06 miles)
St Mary's Chapel, Arbuthnott (0.06 miles)
Bervie, parish (2.12 miles)
St Mary's Church, Bervie (2.17 miles)
Parish (extant in 1975)
NGR for the Church of St Ternan, Arbuthnott, beside Kirkton.
Relationships with other places
Contains Kilternan, settlement Arbuthnott
Contains Marnock Knap, Arbuthnott
Contains St John's Hill, Kinneff & Catterline
Contains St Mary's Chapel, Arbuthnott
The church, both parsonage and vicarage, was a prebend of the Collegiate Church of St Mary of the Rock, St Andrews, by 1447, the cure being served by a vicar-pensioner, as it continued to be at the Reformation, when the union to the dean of Aberdeen was purely personal (RS 420, 233v, RSS v no. 3554; ASS. 363V). Cowan 1967, 8.