St Mary's Chapel, Renfrew

Grid reference

NS 510 670 (general (5km))

Six-figure easting & northing

251000 667000

Latitude

55.87311967152731

Longitude

-4.381741763085274

County

Renfrewshire

Nearby places

Kings Inch monastery, Renfrew (0.33 miles)

Renfrew, parish (0.36 miles)

Currus Sancti Conualli, stone, Renfrew (1.11 miles)

Inchinnan, ~eccles. Inchinnan (1.39 miles)

St Conval's Church, Inchinnan (1.39 miles)

Object Classification

Ecclesiastical

Is linear feature?

No

Notes

The chapel is mentioned in 1414 (Paisley Reg. 247) in an indenture between the burgesses of Renfrew and the abbot and convent of Paisley Abbey, concerning a mill 'beside the chapel of St Mary of Renfrew'. The NGR given is for the Old Corn Mill, on the Mill Burn, shown on OS 6 inch 1st edn., lying south of the parish kirk and south-west of the King's Inch. But there is no guarantee that this is the site of the mill in question; thus the 'General (5 km)' given for accuracy.

Relationships with other parishes

Within Renfrew, parish