St Mary's Collegiate Church, Oldhamstocks

Grid reference

NT 766 718 (accurate position)

Six-figure easting & northing

376600 671800

Latitude

55.93872417392405

Longitude

-2.374638328696303

County

East Lothian

Nearby places

Cockburnspath, parish (0.7 miles)

Oldhamstocks, parish (1.95 miles)

Old Cambus, former parish, Cockburnspath (2.41 miles)

St Helen's Church, Old Cambus, Cockburnspath (2.41 miles)

Innerwick, parish (3.13 miles)

Object Classification

Antiquity

Ecclesiastical

Is linear feature?

No

Notes

Originally a chapel of St Mary of Dunglass, extant 1423, erected as collegiate church c.1443. It had a hospital for the poor, dedicated to St Mary and John the Baptist (NMRS, q.v. for further information). We have been unable to find any medieval support as yet for this designation.

http://canmore.rcahms.gov.uk/

Relationships with other parishes

Within Oldhamstocks, parish

Within Oldhamstocks, parish