Chapel of the Holy Rood, Foveran

Grid reference

NK 002 256 (accurate position)

Six-figure easting & northing

400200 825600

Latitude

57.321161256941615

Longitude

-1.9966787211013357

County

Aberdeenshire

Nearby places

Cowstane Hirst, Foveran (0.31 miles)

Forvie, former parish, Slains (1.28 miles)

St Adomnán's Church, Forvie, Slains (1.28 miles)

St Peter's Well, Foveran (1.32 miles)

Foveran, parish (1.45 miles)

Object Classification

Antiquity

Ecclesiastical

Is linear feature?

No

Notes

NMRS records that the chapel belonged to the abbey of Deer. The remains of the chapel, still visible in 1840, were removed in the late nineteenth century.

http://canmore.rcahms.gov.uk/

Relationships with other parishes

Within Foveran, parish