Kirkcormack, former parish, Kelton

Grid reference

NX 715 574 (accurate position)

Six-figure easting & northing

271500 557400

Latitude

54.894702384773154

Longitude

-4.003888462791722

County

Kirkcudbrightshire

Nearby places

Kirkcormack, eccles, Kirkcormack, Kelton (0 miles)

Kirkcormack, settlement, Kirkcormack, Kelton (0.06 miles)

St Ringan's Well, Kelton (0.31 miles)

Balnacross, former parish, Tongland (1.36 miles)

St Michael's Church, Balnacross, Tongland (1.36 miles)

Object Classification

Parish (non-extant in 1975)

Is linear feature?

No

Relationships with other parishes

Within Kelton, parish

Parish details

Kirkcormack now part of Kelton KTN

Parish TLA

KXK

Medieval diocese

Galloway

Parish notes

Between 1172 and 1174 King William grants to Holyrood Abbey the churches or chapels in Galloway (in Galweia) in which Iona Abbey has proprietary right (que ad ius abbatie de Hij Columchille pertinent), with all teinds and other benefits (beneficiis), viz the church of Kirchecormach [medieval parish, now in Kelton], and ‘ecclesiam Sancti Andree [= Balmaghie] and that of Balencros [Barncrosh, in Tongland] and that of Cheletun [Kelton]. RRS ii no. 141.